Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, sandwich is my summer time favorite! Making these sandwiches is a summer time home run. Great for a casual get together with a glass of sangria.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 1 Heirloom Tomato
- 8 strips of organic Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 2 medium leaves organic Romaine Lettuce
- Mayonnaise (Organic)
- Graded Parmesan
- 4 slices Turano Italian Bread
- Prepare Bacon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon slices on the baking sheet.
- Cook the bacon for 18-20 minutes or until it’s as crispy as you’d like.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Crisp Turano Italian Bread
- Mix 4 tablespoon of mayo and 4 tablespoon of Grated Parmesan in a bowl.
- Coat one side of each slice of bread with Parmesan Mayo mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan onto bread with coated side to get an extra crisp.
- On a non-stick pan or griddle, place bread Parmesan/Mayo mixture side down. You should hear is sizzle.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and sizzle until golden. This may take a min or two. It is normal for the mixture to stick to the pan in the beginning. One golden it should not stick.
- Once golden, take each bread slice off the heat and place crispy side up on a plate. (We are only flying one side of the bread). Placing the bread crispy side up will ensure that the crusted Parmesan doesn’t get soggy.
3. Assemble the BLT
- Add Mayo to the non crispy side of the bread
- Place Lettuce, Tomato, and Bacon
- Top off with the remaining slice of Parmesan Crusted Bread