Lazy Sunday’s, breakfast in bed are some of my favorite weekend activities. Waking up to this toast will put a smile on anyones face. Top it off with fresh mimosas and you got yourself a morning to remember!
- 4 slices of Brioche Loaf
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 table spoon Sugar
- 1 pinch of Salt
Banana Foster Sauce
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced crosswise
- Prepare French Toast
- Whisk together Eggs, Cinnamon, Sugar, Salt until fully incorporated into egg liquid.
- In a bowl, place 4 slices of brioche loaf and gently pour egg mixture onto the slices of bread.
- Let bread slices soak for 10 min.
- Gently take each bread slice and place on buttered non-stick pan.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
2. Simmer Banana Foster Sauce
- Melt butter and combine with Dark Brown Sugar on medium low.
- Once bubbly, add Orange Zest, Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur, Orange Juice, Vanilla, Cinnamon and stir on low heat until combined.
- Arrange sliced banana onto pan and cook until mixture has thickened and banana slices are soft to the touch.
- Pour banana foster sauce over French toast and garnish with whip cream.